This 134-page pdf e-book includes the following:
- Stories from women who have made of business of raising goats. Sharing their experiences.
- How to get started: Setting your course.
- The basics of animal welfare, humane care.
- What is normal in the goat world? How to recognize a healthy goat.
- Herd psychology.
- The basics of housing and fencing.
- Planning for animal death.
- Available standards and certifications.
- Understanding community supported agriculture (CSA) programs.
- Selling raw milk.
- Specialty dairy products.
- Cheese making the old fashioned way.
- Preparing hides for tanning.
- Pricing strategies.
- The art of branding and marketing.
- Using crowdfunding and social media marketing.
- Maintaining a healthy goat. Goat first aid. Herbal remedies.
- Mineral and vitamin requirements.
- Natural dewormer issues and recipes.
- Pasture management.
This book is also filled with scores of goat resource links, photos, charts and diagrams.